blog expat

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Difficult Task of Getting Through 'The List' - Part 1

So I there I was, faced with the logistics of getting everything on 'The List' done and dusted, but like I said, I have a terrible habit of putting things off so I was trying my best not to procrastinate...

The easiest things to get sorted were the e-mail to give my landlord my notice and booking the flights and the hire car. This was done with the help of Michael O'Leary and his no-frills airline (big fan of Ryanair by the way, despite it's obvious annoyances).

Thanks to the Euro 2012 and the fact that my flights were in the same time period but not going anywhere near Poland or the Ukraine, I managed to get my last flight out of the UK and the Sweden flights relatively cheap. The flights back to Dublin to sort the licences and visa requirements were also procured at a reasonable rate and I'd managed to get flights at reasonable hours which would mean no 4am taxi fares to Luton airport... Unfortunately when booking these particular flights, I had forgotten about one of the gigs I was due to play. So without thinking about it, I booked two days off work and booked return flights for Wednesday evening the 17th May, completely forgetting I was due to play support to for Kieran Goss the following night!

After a few hours spent kicking myself I was forced to book a new outgoing flight for the Friday morning, costing me £100 and another £45 for the taxi to the airport! Wasn't pleased at all!!

Anyway, the gig went well and I got a great reception so my level of 'pissedoffedness' was significantly reduced. Home to bed for 4 hours sleep before a 6.30am flight to Dublin - #completelywrecked


Anyway, till my next scrawlings...


Do chara, do mhac, do dheartháir,


Damien

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog expat